Wednesday, November 11, 2009

JUST WRITE.

Nano Wrimo update: 13,262 words.

I am pleased, but not completely content. My goal for tonight was 15k, but this will have to do, only because my mind is going hay-wire and is in the progress of turning into mush. For starting late, though, I have to admit, I have caught up nicely (Insert pat on the back here).*

I realized something tonight, which I always subconsciously knew, but it hit me directly this time around. I write better at night. I don't know why, I just do. Maybe its the calmness the night offers, the quite remote time, or maybe the voices are nocturnal.

I received some very good advice from a former blogger. It has to be the best advice an aspiring- tired, frustrated,anxious- author could ever receive.

JUST WRITE.

no matter what happens, your characters are going crazy, your plot is backwards, your MC decides he's a werewolf now, your ending should be your beginning, whatever may happen:

JUST WRITE.

Sigh. Finally, the easy solution I have been waiting for. I was starting to think there were no solutions in writing, let alone an easy one.

I'd like to thank God and my huge cup of coffee for helping me stay up and write tonight. I really am grateful!

0 comments: