My house smells like pumpkin mix, cranberries, and gravy. All a result of my mothers prep-thanksgiving cooking madness. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining! I wish it smelled like this all year long, and since it sadly doesn't, I'm taking full advantage of it by constantly pocking my nose in the air, sniffing every few minutes.
Since it's almost thanksgiving I'm going to post fifteen different things I'm grateful for. This year has been quite great and I can't wait for the upcoming holiday excitements.
I can picture it now, all of the clear-anticipated ideas of the coming festivities...
Turkey.Pumpkin pie. Fried sweet potato pie. Stockings. Christmas tree. Ornaments. Milk and cookies (yes, I still place a plate for Mr. Claus) Rudolph earrings. Fire works. Great drinks. Family. Friends. Lovers.
Fifteen things I am jumping up and down grateful for!
1) My erratic family, whom I love.
2) My best friend, who understands me pretty much to the key.
3) My adorable bratty orange cat, who has made such a difference in our home.
3) My story, which is more alive than ever!
4) All of my new candles which have kept me company on long nights of endless writing.
5) All of the books that have told me sweet nothings about a boy and a girl.
6) On a serious note, my uncle surviving swine-flu.
7) Starbucks caramel creme brulee iced with soy milk.
8) French market coffee, for keeping me awake through endless nights and days.
9) All of the fellow writers who have taught me so much!
10) Being editor in chief for Cafe Cultura's literary magazine and being apart of such a great staff they're incredible!
11) Home-made french toast with vanilla apple strudel sauce.
12) Red hair dye.
13) Lovely inspiring blogs.
15) My special lake, for always enlightening me in new ways.
What are you grateful for this year?