Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Challenges.

In this post I shall talk about the upcoming challenges in 2010 that I will take part in. NanoWrimo took over my November. I was writing everywhere and when I say everywhere, I mean EVERYWHERE!

In class.
At the dinner table.
In my room.
In the morning, as soon as I woke up.
At night, sometimes till the sun began to rise.
If I woke up during the night, I would write until I fell asleep.

I wrote insanely and loved, loved every minute of it! It was a crazy time but it was also a time where I found myself through my characters and discovered pieces of me that when put together completed me.


Now, the challenges don't end. There is the Debut Author Challenge, where we support debut authors by buying and reading their books. I think this challenge is worthy of a metal! Supporting debut authors is a fun way of saying well done to those authors who put in countless hours to make their book come to life. I listed my debut author list on the side of my blog.

The next challenge I am participating in is the Super Size me YA Book Challenge. Where I will read 75 YA books or more in a year. I can already picture myself diving into the stack of endless pages and imagination.

If any of you are taking part in these contest let me know. Leave me your list of debut authors and YA books you plan on reading.

Moonless

One of my favorite quotes from the Twilight saga.

13 comments:

Shannon O'Donnell said...

I'm going to take a shot at the debut author challenge. My odds of success are less than I'd like them to be, but I'm up for my best attempt! My list is on the right sidebar of my blog. :-)
www.shannonkodonnell.blogspot.com

Stephanie Thornton said...

Whew! That's a lot of challenges. Good luck!

Tina Lynn said...

Have fun with that! I'm already overwhelmed. I'm doing myself a favor and not committing to anything at this time. I don't want to overextend myself.

Bish Denham said...

Last year I read 45 books, which is a lot for me 'cuase I'm a slow reader, being dyslexic and all. So this year I'm going to try to make it 50 (no picture books)and that's nearly one book a week! A challenge to be sure.

Kimberly Franklin said...

I plan to try and complete the Debut Authors Challenge, but I haven't figured out which books yet. I have a few, of course, like The Mockingbirds by Daisy Whitney (she's so cool) and a few others.

There are so many great books coming out this year!!!

Shelli (srjohannes) said...

awesome thanks for posting about this. Ill head over.

Candice said...

I definitely want to participate in the debut author challenge. Especially since so many blogging friends are going to have books out this year. I haven't finished my list yet. Also, I'm reading The Summoning right now too. We'll have to compare notes after. :)

Amy Stary said...

Oh I didn't even know about the debut author challenge, consider me game. And my oh my, you have a lot of challenges going on. Good luck, I hope you have fun!

V. S said...

Shannon- Awesome list!

Stephanie- Thank you :)

Tina- I wish you luck!

Bish Denham- Wow, what an accomplishment! You rock! Much luck to you.

Kimberly- I can't wait to read The Mocking Birds!

Shelli- No problem :)

Candice- Oh, I loved The Summoning! It was so good!

Angie- The contest is great isn't it? Glad to hear your taking part in it.

kah said...

Love the debut author idea. I'm shooting for 100 books this year. I know many will be YA but I'm not going to put a number on it. Too many great books out there. Its hard to choose!
My blog

Tiana Smith said...

I also did NaNoWriMo, and I miss writing every day. Maybe I'll do some of these challenges too! I never need any incentive to read more :)

Julie Dao said...

NaNoWriMo took over my life too, and I loved it! Part of me wishes there were more WriMo months, and part of me knows that I'd kill myself trying if there were. At least there is a November each year to look forward to! Good luck with your challenges and I hope the writing keeps flowing!

Kelly Lyman said...

I think I am going to try and combine these challenges together. I'm going to try and read 75 books and try to make as many as I can be from debut authors, but there are so many books out there that I want to read...