Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Mama

Regret sucks. So does guilt.
However, in this post, neither one of them will occur, or be written about.

I remember it was, well, I think my Junior year? Maybe Senior year, whatever.
I had been invited to go to the infamous "Elliot Key" or whatever, and I kinda wanted to go, regardless of my fear of boats and mass bodies of water.
But, it was Mama's birthday that weekend- my 80 year old abuelita.
&& I had the choice to either go, or, to stay here and be with her.
I don't know why this came to mind now, or, why I'm even writing about it.
Maybe its because I'm happy, fully content, with the choice I made.
I stayed here with mama.
&& I remember that day clearly.
I was so happy, and I didn't regret one thing about that day, or, my decision.
She couldn't have been happier to see me there, and I wouldn't have wanted to be anywhere else.

I love you Mama.

0 comments: