Monday, July 13, 2009

Death. That's harsh.

Death, is a harsh thought, a difficult word to actually understand fully.
It is a harsh subject, that we brush off with a surprisingly immense amount of ease.
I've thought of how I would die, if it would hurt, or if I'd be one of the lucky one's to die in their sleep.
Then a sudden notion hit me.
The ones who die in their sleep, are they really the lucky ones?
....
If we were to die in our sleep, we would be unaware of what was happening, we would be at total peace.
Which is good, I guess.
Still, we would miss out on knowing, knowing that the life we once knew would be gone soon.
We would miss out on our last thoughts, our last visions on life.
We would miss out on our last prayer, our last goodbye.
Is that really considered lucky?

I don't know.

What if the lucky ones are the ones who know they're about to die?
The ones who get to say their goodbyes, think their last thoughts,and of course, say their last prayer.

I don't know.

Is it really better to leave this world without knowing; to be held in total oblivion as to what is truly happening, or, is it possible that those who know death is near leave more prepared for what is about to greet them after?

I think I know.

0 comments: